Sectra is looking for a new team member with a background in IT to assist the IT Manager in Sectra’s North America office. This role would be responsible for acting as the first-line helpdesk by assisting Sectra employees with any IT related issues they may encounter.
Sectra develops and sells IT systems and products for radiology, mammography, pathology and orthopedic departments. More than 1700 hospitals worldwide use Sectra’s systems daily. This makes Sectra one of the world-leading companies within systems for handling digital radiology images. The company also has a core expertise in encryption technology. Within this business area we provide secure communication solutions, approved by the EU and NATO, for European government authorities, defense departments and other critical functions of society. Sectra was founded in 1978 and has its roots in Linköping University in Sweden. Today, Sectra has offices in fourteen countries and in addition operates through partners worldwide.
- Serve as the first-line helpdesk by assisting with password resets, desktop issues, and phone issues.
- Manage Sectra employee’s cell phones and accounts.
- Manage Sectra employee’s Internet accounts.
- Ensure conference rooms are in running order.
- Assist with meetings when necessary (Quarterly call, town halls, etc.)
- Escalate issues to IT manager when necessary.
At Sectra, we hire people for who they are and for their willingness and ability to learn, rather than for their previous experience.
We expect you to be well educated and have good grades, but also to have a sense of humor when appropriate (life is too short not to have fun).
If you are the right person for the job and a fast learner, we will have no problem teaching you what you need to know.
For this position the following requirements apply:
- A Bachelors degree in an IT related field with excellent academic performance and grades.
- Basic computer troubleshooting skills.
- Great customer service skills.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
In addition, we consider it an asset if you also:
- Speak more languages than those required above.
But most of all, we are looking for an open, passionate person who shares our values and is a true team player and who will enjoy working with the rest of us at Sectra.
- The opportunity to gain valuable IT experience by working alongside a knowledgeable IT manager.
- The opportunity to work with products that are beneficial for life.
- A workplace where you will be listened to and where you have a real opportunity to make a difference.
- An international environment with the opportunity to work in, or with, other countries and cultures.
If you feel up to the challenge, we would like to hear from you. Please send your application before 2017-04-28 including your CV, business and academic references, and your grades from your upper secondary school/high school and university studies, to:
In order for your application to be handled properly, please write “System” in the subject line of your e-mail.
If you have any questions about this job, please contact:
IT Manager & Information Security Officer
Sectra North America, Inc.