The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. The Business Development Manager must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
The role also requires to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Ability to work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff. He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
New business development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Management and research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
- Understanding of data center network architecture and common issues related to data center networks
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and strong customer-service focus
- Willingness to ask question, pick-up and develop new skills
- Minimum of bachelor degree and 3-5 years of sales/marketing experience required.
- Compensation consisting of base salary and benefits package will commensurate with experience and competitive with comparable positions at companies within the same industry.
For further information contact our CEO mr. Frederik Vyncke on email@example.com or +46 76 3064236
About ROCKAN Data Center:
Powered by cutting edge technology and buried 60 meters below a granite mountain, Rockan is Europe’s most secure data center. We are a safe, state-of-the-art, sustainable and proudly Swedish business