We are looking to hire a highly motivated, Network Technician to join our growing team within Networking. The position responsibilities involve delivering the hardware, configuration and fiber connectivity of interdependent scaling projects. The Network Technician will work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution in association with Technical Program Managers.
- Deploy, configure, and support production and server infrastructure in data centers.
- Deploy, configure, and support VMWare installations.
- Troubleshoot and resolves systems errors and failures.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Create and administer clear, concise documentation to lower the possibilities of repeat problems
- Create ”How to” documentation.
- You will also be expected to share ideas and have a valued input into IT Support moving forward.
Skills & Requirements
- Linux server administration expert
- HP C7000 blade server experience preferred (Build up and admin)
- Experience with working with HP preferred, blade servers if possible
- Experience of working in a data center preferred
- Familiar with network cabling (types, distance limitations, testing, connectors, handling)
- Familiar with electrical & optical transceivers (SFP+, QSFP+, DAC, CFP2, DWDM)
- Proficiency in MySQL administration and replication a bonus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Understanding of data center network architecture and common issues related to data center networks
- Experience with routing and switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, STP, VLAN, VRRP, CDP, LLDP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and MPLS
- Highly motivated, organized and adept at handling stressful and time-sensitive situations
- Knowledge of VMWare ESX essential
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and strong customer-service focus
- Willingness to ask question, pick-up and develop new skills
This position requires shift work that includes weekends and holidays
Location is Sweden, south of Linköping/Norrköping
Do you wish to hear more about this role then reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call Frederik Vyncke at +46 (0)76306 4236
About Rockan Data Center AB
Powered by cutting edge technology and buried 60 meters below a granite mountain, Rockan is Europe’s most secure data center. We are a safe, state-of-the-art, sustainable and proudly Swedish business