Are you our new infrastructure specialist?
WHAT WE OFFER?
Our purpose is to create trust in mobility. We design and build state-of-the-art hardware, software, and solutions for active safety, ADAS, autonomous driving, restraint control and brake control
Founded in 2018, Veoneer is building on a heritage of more than 60 years of automotive safety development. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Veoneer has 7,600 associates in 13 countries (joint ventures included) and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and on Nasdaq Stockholm
Additionally Veoneer in Sweden is located in 5 different cities throughout the country, from Skellefteå in the north to Gothenburg on the west coast. Our camera systems are developed in Linköping with the help from our highly integrated satellite offices. As a site, our responsibilities range from electronics and optics to software, algorithms and vehicle testing. All vision development teams are working cross-functionally based on agile principles
Do you like to work in an innovative organization with a strong drive for improvements and good career opportunities? Then you will excel at Veoneer!
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
As Deep Learning Infrastructure Specialist you are responsible for operation, optimization and scalability of our compute cluster. The compute cluster will be used to train Deep Learning applications, as well as perform simulations and prototyping for algorithm development. In the role, we expect you to do the following tasks:
- Operation and maintenance for the complete compute cluster, both HW and SW
- monitoring of status
- first point of contact for developers
- trouble shooting together with vendors
- System administration together with central IT
- e.g. access rights handling
- Compute cluster development towards both training and simulation
- capacity dimensioning and planning
- implementation of compute cluster functions, such as
- scheduler for GPU/CPU
- participate in choice of future vendors
- Performance evaluations
- utilization of the compute cluster
- root-cause analysis of bottlenecks
You will be interacting with developers in order to understand their use cases and how to simplify the interface towards the infrastructure (ease-of-use). Also, you will provide strategic input to management regarding investment needs stemming from organizational needs, available technology and products in computing, networking and storage. As such, this job requires you to be able to handle many interfaces towards different roles in our organization.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
To succeed in the role we think you have
- 10+ years of professional experience within the software industry
- Extensive experience in Linux system administration
- Deep understanding of server hardware, networking and storage
- Software developer background with good understanding of software development
- Experience of containerized environments in general and Docker in particular
- Experience in scripting languages available in the Linux environment.
- Experience from a GPU based compute cluster is not necessary, but meriting.
Additionally, we think the following will be of importance:
- A passion to optimize the compute cluster and push the included hardware to its limits.
- Enjoy being at the cutting edge in a technical field where there are not yet any standardized solutions available.
- Ability to think in terms of future scalability.
Permanent, full time