Are you an experienced functional safety engineer? Do you enjoy being part of a development team working on cutting-edge projects, such as autonomous vehicles? Do you want to create safe products and user experiences based on human behavior? Join our team Embedded Systems & Electronics in Linköping!
Join us if you
Want to make difference. At Semcon we work with the fragile birth of new ideas to all the nitty gritties that needs to be designed, engineered and developed to make great product and service experiences come alive. A vast responsibility but also a unique possibility to make a difference in peoples’ lives. To guide our customers toward a more sustainable and human centric future.
Want to work with fun & challenging assignments. We work at forefronts of ADAS/AD and Functional Safety and we are involved in a number of research projects and project in the autonomous and applied autonomous fields.
Value great colleagues. We want to do great things. Together. Working with great colleagues who provide new ways of thinking, not necessarily always agreeing with you, but where we all value the same things: Balance in life, diversity, kindness, getting things done, learning fast, having fun and sharing our knowledge.
What you will be doing As our next Senior Functional Safety Engineer, you will work in various projects supporting our customers to develop safe products.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Advising customers on how to work in line with existing standards (e.g. ISO 26262)
- Participating in activities such as specifying and reviewing hazard analysis, functional safety concept and technical safety concept.
- Sharing your expertise and learning from others in our growing team.
- Interacting with a lot of people and skilled engineers from various industries.
- Having fun!
What you’ll bring
- M.Sc. Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or other relevant technical field of study
- Knowledge and interest in safety-relevant and fault-tolerant embedded system design
- Good understanding of robust and reliable system/software engineering, including design principles
- Experience of working with electrical and/or electronic system preferably in the automotive industry
- Deep knowledge in functional safety (e.g. ISO 26262)
- The ability to bring new perspectives and an eagerness to learn
We strongly believe that diversity of background, experience and perspectives is important to create excellent user experiences and to make Semcon a great place to work.