We are looking for a motivated person to join our Cloud Platform Team within Imaging IT Solutions. You will be a part of the daily operations, maintaining and building the Sectra Cloud Platform – the foundation of the Sectra Health Cloud where Sectra is offering Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) globally. We work with systems with very high demands on performance and reliability – downtime or lack of performance can literally mean life or death in our business!
Sectra develops and sells IT systems and products for radiology, mammography, pathology and orthopedic departments. More than 1700 hospitals worldwide use Sectra’s systems daily. This makes Sectra one of the world-leading companies within systems for handling digital radiology images. The company also has a core expertise in encryption technology. Within this business area we provide secure communication solutions, approved by the EU and NATO, for European government authorities, defense departments and other critical functions of society. Sectra was founded in 1978 and has its roots in Linköping University in Sweden. Today, Sectra has offices in fourteen countries and in addition operates through partners worldwide.
- Be an evangelist for the Sectra Cloud Platform and continuous delivery of our services.
- Maintain and improve our cloud platform to support delivering Sectra’s SaaS offering.
- Provide technical support to our DevOps teams.
- Evolve our way of working – we can always make things better and you will have a good chance to shine!
At Sectra, we hire people for who they are and for their willingness and ability to learn, rather than for their previous experience.
We expect you to have a strong educational background and a proven track record of success, but also have a sense of humor when appropriate.
If you are a fast learner and the right person for the job, we will train you to meet the requirements of your new position.
For this position the following requirements apply:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering with excellent academic record or equivalent industry experience with proven track record.
- Fluent in English and Swedish.
- Having worked at least a few years managing Linux-based enterprise infrastructure, both on physical and virtualized servers.
- Experience with Linux based virtualization platforms such as KVM.
- Experience from analyzing and troubleshooting distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of modern networked services – from the physical layer all the way through the application layer.
In addition, we consider it an asset if you also have:
- Stronger academic credentials than required above.
- Fluency in additional languages.
- Experience with other cultures.
- Experience and knowledge of cloud environments.
- Knowledge in OpenStack.
- Familiar with distributed storage systems (CEPH, Amazon S3).
- Knowledge in Windows server.
- Experience with building and operating monitoring/alerting infrastructure.
Have other skills, such as:
- A pilot’s license (we have many pilots at Sectra who fly to our customers or partners in our own airplane).
- Singing or playing musical instruments (we have a lively music tradition at Sectra).
- A background in sports.
But most of all, we are looking for an open, passionate person who shares our values and is a true team player and who will enjoy working with the rest of us at Sectra.
- The possibility to work with State-of-the-art Technology.
- The opportunity to work with products that are beneficial for life.
- A workplace where you will be listened to and where you have a real opportunity to make a difference.
- An international environment with the opportunity to work in, or with, other countries and cultures.
If you feel up to the challenge, we would like to hear from you. Please send your application before 2017-06-01, including your CV, business and academic references, and your grades from your upper secondary school/high school and university studies, to: email@example.com
In order for your application to be handled properly, please write “Linux” in the subject line of your e-mail.
If you have any questions about this job, please contact:
Senior Operations Manager
+46 705 800 578