Site Reliability Engineers at Sectra Orthopaedic Solutions ensure our users can focus on what really matters: the patient
Sectra Orthopaedic Solutions is looking for a dedicated team member who is passionate about technology and enjoys solving IT operations challenges using software engineering. As an integral component of our emergent SRE team, your focus will be on understanding and helping our customers – people whose work involves saving lives and limbs – through a balanced mixture of hands-on problem solving and automation of operations tasks.
In this position, you will:
- Be part of our SRE team providing specialist support and tooling for our products and services in the area of orthopaedics.
- Spend approximately half of your time on operations work and half of your time on developing automation, monitoring and other tools to help reduce the manual intervention in the deployment and operation of our services.
- Escalate, own, and remain focused on driving the resolution of operations issues in our production systems.
- Independently provide and implement support for integration of our solution into customer environments, working closely with customer IT organizations.
- Work closely with developers and product management to improve the deploymentability and maintainability of our core products.
We hire people for who they are and for their willingness and ability to learn, rather than for their previous experience. If you are a fast learner and the right person for the job, we will train you to meet the requirements of your new position.
For this position, the following requirements apply:
- You have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent with a strong academic record.
- You are fluent in English and Swedish and enjoy communicating with people from all over the world.
- You are a proficient programmer with experience with at least one modern object-oriented programming/scripting language.
- You are results-oriented and like to work in projects close to the end user.
- You have excellent computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Windows environment.
- You are analytical and a good problem solver.
- You have a positive attitude and the ability to take initiative and responsibility.
Most of all, we are looking for an open, passionate person who shares our values, is a true team player and will enjoy working with the rest of us at Sectra.
In addition, we consider it an asset if you also:
- Speak more languages than those required.
- Have an interest in and talent for managing projects and keeping timelines.
- Have extracurricular interests such as sports, music, visual arts or flying (if you happen to have a pilot’s license, you can fly to our customers in our own Sectra airplane) or anything else that makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Have experience of other cultures.
- Have an interest in cyber security.
- Have worked with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services.
- Have previous knowledge of enterprise technologies such as hypervisors, VDI and Active Directory.
Please make sure to attach your CV, cover letter and grades from both university and gymnasium/upper-secondary school in your application.
Read more about working at Sectra here.
Our goal is for the right candidate to start this position during spring.