Are you a recent graduate or a senior test engineer It doesn’t matter, we need both.
We are looking for a passionate person with a curious mind that can grow into an experienced software test engineer or something else – who knows? One thing we don’t know, is the future.
As a start, you will join one of our agile development teams as a tester. You will focus on the test aspect of the development, although quality is the entire team’s responsibility. You will also be part of our group of testers, which comes together from all teams to work on cross-team testing.
In this position, you will:
- Either work in front-end, back-end or both. It depends on your interest.
- Find things that no one expected.
- Be challenged to think outside the box.
- Work with software testing in medical imaging.
- Be part of a team working in close cooperation with the product owner and end users.
- Create and execute both manual and automated tests.
- Document test outcomes and provide feedback on the results.
- Continuously improve our continuous integration and test automation environments.
- Evolve our way of working – we can always make things better!
- Possibly be an agile team coach, or scrum master, for a development team.
We expect you to be well educated with an excellent record, but also to have a sense of humor (life is too short not to have fun). At Sectra, we hire people for who they are and for their willingness and ability to learn, rather than for their previous experience.
For this position, the following requirements apply:
- PhD, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Fluency in English and Swedish.
- Passion for new technology.
- Willingness to always improve and eager to learn.
- Great teamwork skills.
In addition, we consider it an asset if you also:
- Have an interest or experience in human-machine interface (HMI).
- Have experience from agile methodologies, possibly in roles such as scrum master or agile coach.
- Have experience in software development or testing in agile environments.
- Speak more languages than those required above.
- Have interests besides school/work, such as sports, sports leader, music, horseback riding, singing or flying (if you happen to have pilot’s license, you can fly to our customers in our own Sectra airplane) or anything else that makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Have experience from, or a deep interest in, the clinical use of software applications in the health care domain.
- Have experience from exploratory test methodologies.
What’s in it for me?
You will see our products in action in their true end-user environment (meaning hospitals and clinics). You will have the freedom to explore your own ideas – every six weeks, a two-day “RAD Friday” is arranged which you get the opportunity to work on your own ideas, and the results of this work often make it into our products.
You will also:
- Work with highly skilled co-workers.
- Be a part of a team working in close cooperation with the product owner and end users.
- Contribute to better health care for millions of patients worldwide.
- Be part of learning journey – we have a continuous drive to learn and excel.
- Meet the customers and understand their day-to-day business and how they work.
- Use modern technology and tools.
- Have fun!
There are a lot of opportunities to grow within the company, only you set the borders.