We are looking for someone who has studied in a Master of Science program for a few years and wants to step into the professional world at one of Sweden’s foremost high-tech companies. The right candidate will start in a summer position and continue in the fall and thereafter at around 10 hours per week, working at Sectra’s headquarters in Linköping.
Sectra develops and sells IT systems for health care, focusing on image management for departments such as radiology, mammography, pathology and orthopedics. More than 1700 hospitals use our systems daily. This makes Sectra one of the world’s leading digital x-ray processing companies. Sectra was founded in 1978 and has its roots in Linköping University. Today, Sectra has offices in 14 countries and also operates through partners worldwide.
The Education and Training department within Sectra sells a sophisticated educational platform using visualization tables and Sectra’s award-winning imaging software to modernize and improve the way medical education is taught. We are a rapidly growing department with customers in 46 countries around the world.
You will be the Support Engineer for Sectra Education and Training. Your job will be to solve any technical problems with our customers’ software and hardware. As you will regularly speak and write with foreign partners by phone and email, the position also has a strong communication element. You must act quickly and solve problems, taking steps to ensure that they do not arise again.
What we offer
- The opportunity to get to know Sectra, develop your technical and other professional skills, and show that you have what it takes to work here after graduation.
- An international environment with the ability to work in and with other countries.
- A Swedish corporate and management culture where your voice will be heard and where your efforts make a difference and are noticed.
- A rewarding and challenging workplace where you can meet smart and talented people just like you.
Who you are
We expect you to be well-educated and smart, but also have a sense of humor—life is too short not to have fun! At Sectra we hire you for who you are, not what you have done before. The most important thing is for you to fit in as a person, share our values, learn quickly, and contribute.
We also value who you are outside of work. Whether you are a singer, musician, pilot, mountaineer or diligent athlete, you can be sure to find others like you at Sectra.
- Current MSc with good grades.
- Good IT knowledge, including Windows, databases, and servers.
- Service perspective, with good communication skills.
- Drive to own the issues that arise and take the initiative to solve them; this is a thinking role.
- Desire to work with different cultures.
- Fluency in both English and Swedish, written and spoken.
Also good to have the following
- Have programming knowledge.
- Speak more languages than those mentioned above.
- Come from a country other than Sweden.
Send your application by email as soon as possible, though no later than 2017-06-08. Describe yourself and why you’re a good fit with Sectra. Attach your resume as well as your university grades to the following email address:
In order for your application to be handled correctly, please write ”Summer Support” in the subject line of your mail.
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Phone: +46 (0) 13 23 52 02