Are you an ambitious and talented test engineer with a desire to test and improve world-leading modeling and simulation software? In that case, we have the job for you.
As a test engineer at Wolfram MathCore, you will work mainly at our office in Linköping, Sweden, testing Wolfram SystemModeler. This includes testing of the simulation kernel, the user interface and the Wolfram Language integration.
SystemModeler combines its powerful kernel with a highly reputed user interface and integrates with the Wolfram Language. This results in a fully integrated modeling, simulation and analytics environment for industrial strength, multidomain systems.
You can learn more at www.wolfram.com/system-modeler.
Function and responsibilities
Your main task is feature driven, quality assurance testing. This includes:
- Setting up and managing various automated test frameworks for measuring and testing the Modelica language, as well as library compliance
- Participating in an early phase of the product development cycle and providing feedback on system requirements from a system test point of view
- Setting up and driving system test strategy, methodology and creation of system integration, and making them traceable back to the system requirements, feature lists and design documents
- Identifying areas of improvement in the product
Skills and experience
The candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience in software development and/or testing
- University-level degree in computer science or a related engineering field
- Excellent skills in various aspects of software testing, including test automation, test reporting and issue trackingsystems such as JIRA
- Strong analytical skills to be able to design robust and sensitive test cases
- Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have experience in:
- C, C++ (Qt)
- Automated GUI testing
- Functional programming languages such as OCaml, Haskell, F# or Erlang
- The Wolfram Language
- Scrum development
- Modeling and simulation of dynamic systems, preferably with Modelica
- Windows, MacOS and Linux
- CMake and GitThe ideal candidate will possess these personal qualities:
- Ability to work efficiently in a small team of engineers
- Ability to react quickly and adapt to changes in priorities, circumstances and direction
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in English, and preferably also in Swedish, including proficiency inwritten and verbal communications and strong listening skills
About Wolfram MathCore
Wolfram MathCore, a subsidiary of Wolfram Research, develops and supplies products and services for mathematical modeling and simulation. It is responsible for the development of Wolfram SystemModeler.
Wolfram Research is one of the world’s most respected software companies—as well as a powerhouse of scientific and technical innovation. As pioneers in computational science and the computational paradigm, we have pursued a long-term vision to develop the science, technology and tools to make computation an ever-more-potent force in today’s and tomorrow’s world.
Location: Linköping, Sweden AA/EOE/Vet/Disabled
How to apply
You are welcome to apply here: https://wolframresearch.recruiterbox.com/jobs/c9675038ca1f4341b884fba2bc601bae We review applications continuously, so don’t wait to submit your application! Submit your application no later than 2017-09-15.
If you have any questions, please contact Jan Brugård, +46 (0)8 559 216 14. We are looking forward to your application!